I don't suck!! I don't suck!!

Anatomy exams came back today! I was pretty nervous about it - I did alright on the last one but really wanted to improve....and I DID!! The average was 83 and I got 85. Go me!! Not that the average matters, all that matters is passing. But I am proud of improving my score and demonstrating more anatomy knowledge.

But seriously, I was a little freaked out. The exam wasn't what I was expecting and I had to make some guesses. So I had the typical vet student worries that go a little something like this:

"Oh my god, what if I failed that test? And I can't make up for it on the final? And then I fail the class? They'll kick me out. And I'll have failed out of vet school in my first semester. What a looser! And I'll have moved over here and bought a trailer for nothing. And then I'll have to tell my family and they'll be so mad at me and think I suck. Then I'll get a job here since I'll be too ashamed to go back home, and I'll spend the rest of my life in this town working at the grocery store, living in a trailer. For ever. Man, this is not good."

Seriously, that ran through my mind a few times - though I really try to keep a positive attitude. And I know that some of my classmates had similar thoughts. And the school's psychologist says so too. Very common indeed. Aren't we just a lot of over-achieving nut cases?

Anyhoo, so I am very thankful to have done so well on the exam. Now I can breathe again. For a little while at least ;) the cell phys exam comes back in the next week supposedly and there's a histo exam Monday. But screw that. I'm HAPPY!!! And freakin proud of me. I can do it! I AM doing it! Woohoo!!! It's nice to get some positive validation. Thank you, universe. Seriously. Thank you!

See, if you've noticed, a lot of the time spent on this blog is agonizing over tests. Which is a pretty good representation of vet school itself. Have I mentioned animal handling? No. Because I don't even get to touch live animals for a few more years. Yes, years.

But I'm too happy to be grumpy about that now. Go me, I rock!

The title of the blog is accurate. As soon as I got my exam back, I was jumping up and down, yelling "I don't suck!! I don't suck!!"

Nothing like getting positive results for something you've put a lot of effort into. Pleased as punch. Pleased as punch, indeed.

 

0 comments: