First week of June = largely un-eventful

I don't know if I can say anything too thrilling about this week. Except I made cinnamon rolls that turned out very well.

There's also something in the works about hiring me at the clinic hourly, which could be pretty cool. (I'm just there a lot during the summer, I show up like I work there. At the end they give me a nice money).

One of our retired Docs has come back for the summer. He is a lucky, lucky guy. He sold the clinic and headed off to Mexico/Europe via sailboat. Spending days on a Mexican beach, or skiing in the Alps is a good way to be retired. When he gets done living the awesome life, he comes back and does the DVM life for a few months. Which is noticeably less glam.

It's an interesting contrast between him (30+ years vet) and our newest doc. I can't laugh because I'll be the newbie soon enough.

Some interesting medical things that week: ear ablation. We had a student from a middle school observing at the clinic that day. It made her a little woozy. Cool surgery! And for some crazy reason, the power went out during it. We had really crappy power that week. 3rd time it went out. The Doc had to finish some stitches via flashlight. I got to hold that flashlight : D What can I say, vetmed it hardcore!

Also some emergency stuff - new strain of Parvo potentially. Big pain in the arse.

 

0 comments: