My brain hurts

So I'm in vet school. And my brain hurts. HURTS. Hurts bad. Mostly because of anatomy and the impending exam. We're going into week 5 tomorrow. In 4 weeks we've covered the front limb, hind limb, neck, thorasic muscles and more! Woohoo.

Now naming the muscles is getting easy. The harder part is origins and insertions. The Sternocephalicus originates from the manubrium - the first sternebra - and goes to the basihyoid bone or something equally wonderful. Its action is to move the head laterally. And that was my Saturday night.

But it's getting better. Yesterday I didn't know the O/I of the front leg. Today I struggled through it. Last week I didn't have the names down. So in theory, next week this will all be cake.

The exam is on Friday. I am eager for next Saturday! Yesterday was nice because I just finished my cell phys exam. Now the relaxation is halted for the upcoming exam. Agh. But it's all good. A good grasp of anatomy is imperative for being a good doctor.

Now I should get around to cooking dinner. Yesterday I went to the farmers market. I only wanted 1 eggplant, but the nice elderly gentleman insisted I take 3 for the same price ($1, and 3 for $1 is a steal!) Then he gave me back too much change and I told him so. He said I was a sweet heart and I should take a flat of peaches. So I got 3 eggplant and 15+ peaches for $1. Then I got some Italian plums for free because the other stall was closing for the day. Suffice it to say I have more fruit than I know what to do with and some kind of pie is on the way. Hopefully my oven with give birth to a beautiful eggplant lasange later tonight! Push oven, push!

 

0 comments: