Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back!

Now I'm back at school! I arrived late last night after a 6.5 hour car trip with my rabbit as co-pilot.

Today was our first day of the semester. It was a really nice day for me because it was such a contrast to the very first day of vet school ever.

On the first day ever, I didn't know anyone hardly at all (except from the nice orientation, but lets face it, there's no way to get acquainted with 96 people in 2.5 days!). On the first day ever I had no idea where I was going. I had no idea what who my professors were, what classes were like, or where to find basic things. I couldn't even find the grocery stores in town. On the very first day I came back home to a pile of boxes in a brand new place.

Which is why this "first" day was so nice. For starters I knew how to get to school and where to park. I knew where my class was. I was happy to see my friends and catch up about the break. I was glad to sit with them and laugh at our inside jokes. We've had enough to time to build up inside jokes :) It was nice to go into LA anatomy and have some memory of SA anatomy to help me along. I knew my professors and we chatted about our Christmas break and their kids. The lady in the office knew my name and asked how my job was going. Wow! Talk about coming to a place that feels homey. I came home to my lovely little abode, just the way I like it. This "first day" was as nice as a bowl of hot soup on a cold day. (which is what I had for dinner, BTW)

Then I spent $300 on books. Margh.

What am I taking? LA anatomy, Physiology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Nutrition...and I think there was something else. So far I like all my instructors. The ones I've seen before I've enjoyed and the new ones (so far) seem to have a nice lecture style.

All in all, it was a great first day. Lets see how day 3 goes...which is when we get our large animal cadavers and we were cautioned to get rubber boots to avoid the copious amounts of bodily and embalming fluid we'd encounter. Sounds stinky.

 

0 comments: