Done and Done.

So a fair bit of time has passed since my last post. What happened after that?

Around that time we finished up the last wave of exams before finals. I had the good anatomy score, an 85 in histology and 98 in cell phys. All in all, I was quite pleased.

Then there was Thanksgiving Break. It was great. I got to fly home, see my family, catch up with people at the clinic, eat delicious foods and sleep in. It was a very nice week. Then I flew back and got to work.

School was fairly busy. Instead of spending Black Friday shopping (ha, I've never done that) I finished up some papers.

We had a group presentation, in which we opted to make a cute movie. We ended up doing a vet school version of "The Office" and it was well received. I love doing the more creative projects. They just seem like less work.

Finals rolled around and I was getting tired of school and a little cranky. Because my previous scores were good enough I didn't have to majorly stress over finals. I think I only had to hit 50% on my finals to pass with the needed averages.

Of course I didn't just flake out like that!! I ended up studying a lot, as usual. Finals week approached and I did get a little stressed out. Only because:

a) I started a part time job the week before finals (assistant pastry chef)
b) Had to work a 10hr shift the day before a final
c) The weather decided to dump snow and get friggin cold (like 0 degrees F)

But finals went well anyhow. Remember how I wanted to make histo flash cards weeks before the exam? Yeah. Well that didn't happen... and due to timing of finals I gave myself a mere 36 hours to study 4+ weeks of histology material. Due to caffeine and the grace of the guys above, I actually did much better than expected and pulled an 86, with an overall average around 88.

The anatomy final was the first one and it was good. I spent the most time on that, at least around 20-30 hours a week for the previous 2 weeks. I came out with an overall grade of 84, which included the embryology portion.

Finally we ended with cell physiology. I still don't know my score but it clearly was good enough to pass according to my grade report. The teacher we had for the last segment really got on my nerves -- I really disliked her "teaching style". It's in quotes because I didn't learn anything from her at all. At ALL. And the 26 page final was just annoying. But oh well, that's all over with.

After finals I had some friends over for dinner. We watched a movie and pooped out before we could start decorating our gingerbread house. Eh, we'll just do that next year.

It snowed quite a bit, I think the total now is well over 4 feet. Temps haven't been above freezing for several weeks and there were many days were it was a high around 10 and lows of 0, with wind chill pushing it below 0.

After another shift at the bakery I waited a day for the weather to improve and drove home. My car told me it was -12 outside. Without windchill. Thankfully I had a good (albeit long) drive back and have since been enjoying my Christmas break! I've gotten to work at the clinic, see some old friends, and have time with family.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone!

 

0 comments: