It's that time again!

Applicant interviews! They start tomorrow - yay!!

I'm excited because they're excited. It's nice to see people excited to be somewhere. I know I sure as hell wasn't excited to be here last semester. So this will be a good reminder of where I used to be.

Two years ago I was just begging to be in my shoes now. Silly girl ; )

I have one friend applying and I'm really rooting for her. We'll see how it goes, I'll keep my fingers crossed. It will be so good to have excitement in the air.

Something special happened today too. Today was my first Sunday off in a year. I got to sleep in and read my surgery book. It was delightful. Though to be completely honest the surgery book put me back to sleep for a short while.

Plus I got to make myself dinner and lunch for the next day. I've never been this prepared for the school week before since I've always worked Sundays. Even more I think this less-work-thing has been a good move.

My dear little compy has suffered from a virus. I spent all Friday afternoon fixing it. This steadfast bit of machinery is 7 years old and still faithfully trucking along. I appreciate its good spirits. I hope it lasts through vet school.

Saturday was nice, I did some house chores (I never had much time to do those either with work!) and now everything is all orderly. Beautiful.

In the evening I went out to dinner with friends. The place was new and, unfortunately, not very good. I could have made much better myself, especially for a $13 plate. I have no idea why food around here is so expensive, back in the city I could get a great meal for under $10. Afterwards they went off to drink and I went home.

Sometimes I feel like I'm missing out on a lot because I don't drink. But then I see my friends get drunk/stupid/hungover and I'm sure I'm not really missing out. There must be some cool people who don't drink and aren't freakishly religious. I wonder where they are and if they want to play with me. I'll bring the Jenga.

I'm also noticing a second dilemma. I have a sort of boyfriend who lives far away. We see each other on breaks and during the summer. I go months at a time without seeing him. It gets lonely. He's not the world's best communicator either, so I'm not exactly getting lots of calls or e-mails. No flowers, no surprise visits, just one letter so far. But I know he cares. He's just not very good about showing it. We're going on a trip for spring break!

On the one hand, it's nice not to be distracted from school with an official boyfriend. On the other hand, I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of the support and nurturing that kind of relationship can offer. It would be nice to have that kind of company. To go out on dates, make dinner with someone, fall asleep watching a movie at home together.

Which brings me to the dilemma. He says I should try dating other people if I want. He's not seeing anyone else, but he wants me to be happy. He says I deserve more than what he can give. He doesn't want me to be deprived of normal happiness just because he can't be around.

You see, I would like all the nice features of having a boyfriend. But I don't want to shop around for a replacement. I just want him. Here. More often.

And it's been a non-issue for a while since I've been so busy. However lately I've gotten a few date propositions. I'm not interested in the boys, but I'm lonely. All I wanted was a date...with my guy. I turned them down.

But afterwards I wondered. Maybe I should have accepted? Would that have been fair to them? I mean my heart wouldn't be in it, I'd just want some company, and that's not really a nice thing to do to someone asking you out: going out with them just because you're bored.

So I guess I'm in kind of a limbo. What if I'm missing out of something really great that's right in front of me - pining away for the long distance guy? But, who could be better than my boyfriend? I love him.

Ponder, ponder, ponder...

We have a surgery exam coming up this Tuesday. Some parts of it annoy the crap out of me. For example, we're learning the theory of bandaging but we DON'T get to ACTUALLY bandage anything. How stupid is that?!? We have to wait until year 3 to learn how to bandage. And sometimes I wonder why I'm pissed off at school ::: rolls eyes:::

Which brings me back to the beginning of the post: once upon a time I wished upon all the stars to get into vet school. I should be content, even if I don't get to bandage things quite yet...

 

1 comments:

3socdtg02@sneakemail.com said...

HOT SEXY GIRLS FOR SEX - 888-212-7116
Hot sexy girls are ready to play - 888-212-7116
69¢ Phone Sex - 888-212-7116
Cheap Phone Sluts - 888-212-7116
Hot Live Phone Sex - 888-212-7116
Sizzling Hot Phone Sex- 888-212-7116
Hot and Horny Phone Sluts- 888-212-7116
Fetish Phone Fuck - 888-212-7116
Erotic Phone Play - 888-212-7116
Hot and Nasty Phone Sex - 888-212-7116
Erotic Phone Sex - 888-212-7116
Phone Sex - 888-212-7116
Phone Sex Central - 888-212-7116
Sex ON Phone 888-212-7116
Anything Goes Phone Sex - 888-212-7116
U.S. Residence Only - 888-212-7116