Weird, weird movie

Have you seen Koyaanisqatsi? No? Well, it's very strange. I'd imagine that if I took a WHOLE LOT of drugs it would be a great representation of life.

Still haven't had enough drug laced weirdness? Then watch Baraka. It's like Koyannisqatsi, but focused on temple ruins and whatnot. On crack. Or K, or whatever it is the kids are huffing these days.

I watched K.. in class during undergrad. It was interesting but weirded me out more than anything. Last night I rented Baraka from the public library and within the first few moments thought "hey, this is a lot like K....". Because it was. I mean, I think the same guy was involved in making the film. He sure knows how to bring the hopped-up-on-drugs feel to a movie.

Do I recommend? Well, if you don't mind being curious, impressed, and disturbed all at the same time, you should go for it. I just don't recommend you watch it and fall asleep. You will have cracked out dreams. Which I did, causing me to sleep poorly, causing me to miss my pseudo boyfriend, which led me to being down for a major part of the day. So in essence: No. I do not recommend this movie unless you want to screw yourself over for around a day.

 

0 comments: