"Borrowed" scrubs

So I found this supply closet. Full of goods! Scrubs, lab coats, coveralls, booties. And I've been eyeing it for a while. You can tell where this is going... I have "borrowed" a pair of scrubs which I will return in 4 years after I graduate.

Shame, you say? Shame on taking $15 worth of pale blue colored clothing? My logic is that my $17,000+ worth of yearly tuition should probably cover those scrubs. And the fact that I'm too poor to actually buy new scrubs (I can only get them from the used store). And I only have 3 pairs of scrubs. For a future doctor, 3 is a very poor amount of scrubs! Now I have 4 :)

I'm always slightly envious of the people well-off enough to have holiday themed scrubs. Christmas scrubs, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Easter, the 4th, and a cute top to go with it. In my 3+ years of working in a clinic I've had: the blue scrub top, the purple scrub top, the slightly less purple scrub top, and two pairs of pants. So wandering into a magical closet of supplies was nice indeed. Perhaps not as magical as a closet to Narnia, but it's as good as we mere regular folk get.

Oh, I passed my 2 other exams! Woohoo!!

For Histology (the one I spent a miserable weekend on and studied my buns off) I got a 94! YAY! And for cell physiology I got an 88.

We were notified late Sunday that exams were being returned and I drove in around midnight just to pick it up. Since no one was around I graced the mailbox area with my awesome (read: bad and embarrassing) dancing!

In the past weekend I also went home! I love home. It was nice to be back, comforting in a bone-deep sort of way. Fall is in full swing there but I managed to see it before all the leaves dropped into a wet, soggy mess. My Mom sent me home with more food than I can eat in a week, it is very appreciated by my hungry student tummy.

This weekend what do I have on tap? I'd like to get to understand the nerves/vessels/etc that we've gone over in anatomy, do some horse work, and finally maybe see a movie. I haven't seen a movie since Wall-e. But perhaps cleaning my kitchen would be a cheaper, more useful alternative.

Oh! And I've finally found my study place. I've very, very particular about where I study on campus. I need a room or area to myself that is dead silent. Dead silent. Also it must have lots of natural light, windows that open, and a large table. This was so hard to find, especially at this state school. I'm coming to realize just how pampered I was!

This place was hard to find. I went in every single building this half of campus. You have no idea how many places I've had to try. BUT all my wishes came true and I've managed to pick out a study spot that meets all my nerdy requirements! Praise the lord!

 

0 comments: