stumble dance stumble

Yesterday was the vet school's annual Halloween party. Being a first year, I was curious and felt somewhat obligated to check it out.

I got dressed up as a type of horse white blood cell, very bright and full of histamine and heparin (I taped pink and purple balloons all over a large cardboard circle and wore it. People got a kick out of guessing which cell I was. I even had a sign with a picture of the slide)

There were many creative costumes: iPod commercial, Miss Diagnosed, Gumby, Poop & Pee, the cast of Hook, mythical creatures, red necks, cowboys, and many slutty girl costumes.

I for one failed to see the point of the slutty girl costumes. First, vet school is 85% female so your target audience is largely missing. Second, of the males around half of them are married. The other half are already taken, leaving a few straggler singles. So the game is already over. No one to get all gussied up for.

There was some music and dancing. The music was really oldschool, which I didn't really go for. Who listens to old school music? Old people. The 80's should be left in the 80's. At least the dancing was funny.

There were also some inebriated people, which I felt kind of bad for. We have many exams this week and no one needs a hangover. Not to mention some very, very bad hangovers probably experienced this morning. I personally don't drink (alcohol allergy) so I got to drive my friend, chat with some people and got a kick out of the costume/people watching. All in all, it was nice to go but my curiosity was satisfied and I doubt I'll be attending next year.

 

0 comments: