Week 1: how to hold a scalpel, Week 6: how to crack ribs

So, I neglected to mention that on day 3 they taught us how to hold scalpels. Basically like holding a pencil. Yeah, that was cool. Could it get more cool? YES. Now we're in week 6 (or 7, it's all starting to blend together) and in anatomy we got to crack some ribs. It made my day. Sort of like on ER how they have to get through the ribs so they can massage the heart. Except we're using cadavers and it's much less intense than that. But still cool.

Today I got to see the heart, lungs, and all the good stuff in cardio-thoracic region. What I'm I saying! It's all good stuff!! I've be itching to see the heart since day one!

School is going well, I think. We have not gotten either of our 2 exams back yet >=( which I frown upon. I'm curious to know how I did but perhaps ignorance is bliss. Anatomy should be coming back tomorrow, and I think my cell phys prof should be a little embarassed if his isn't being returned either (it's been 2 weeks!)

We're preparing for our histo exam, so far this is being the most annoying one to prep for in my opinion. Cell phys sinks into my brain. Anatomy is great hands on. Histo is details, details, details. I'm getting a little grumpy, but I think I'll be fine. The review wasn't very structured so that made me grumbly. And the weather changed dramatically.

For the past few days it's been 80+, sunny, no clouds. Today it was low 70s, rainy, all clouds. And if you haven't caught on, I don't like fall. The VP debate is on tonight, however I don't have TV (I own one, I don't get any programming) so I'll continue my ingorance in current events.

Anyhoo, I'm now going to take a shower, have some dinner (wheat free vegetarian lasagna), watch one episode of star trek for relaxation, and study for a few more hours.

 

0 comments: