Heartworm = grody

Today was a first for me. It was the first time in 3 years that we've gotten a positive heartworm test. The dog was from the south and didn't have any preventative treatment, so we were sort of expecting it. But it was the first positive test that we got in the 3 summers that I've been here. I got to see the larvae on a slide, there were many of them and it was a little creepy.

For those of you not familiar with heartworm, the name is a give-away. It is a worm that will live in the heart and eventually the creature will die of heart problems. Just thinking of live worms burrowing around in a beating heart should make anyone creeped out.

So now the dog (bitey little guy) is on a treatment plan and should be just fine. Savin' lives is what we do!

I got to play with a very cute little pup who was in for a neuter. We rarely get ones that cute, and we see many animals. It was a mix of a Maltese and a shitzu. Come to think of it, he was kind of bitey too.

On a good note, my tire is ok. It had a nail and is now patched and ready to roll - pun is intended. I wanted to watch the Indy movie today but will watch it later with my mom. I am a HUGE Indy fan and can't wait to see him back in action.

I'm also working on cracking the recipe for Fisher's scones. Good stuff, hard to duplicate!

 

0 comments: