memorial day without boats

Memorial Day was always a day I could never enjoy. I've been in school for the last 17-18 years of my life. And when you're in school, MD is placed right before finals week. Which means you can never enjoy the holiday since you should be working on projects, papers, and studying for finals.

I always thought that when I was out of school I could finally enjoy the day. Oh yes, MD would rock. I would be on a boat, at some lake, staying at some cabin. Water skiing, jet skiing, getting the first tan of the summer, pulling out the hammock and making smores.

Well, that sure didn't happen. Sad to say but MD out of school wasn't quite as cool as I had hoped. For starters, I don't know anyone who has a boat or cabin anymore. Dang.

So I woke up late, made/ate some yummy sausages, did a very large pile of laundry, and cleaned my junk increasing room. A friend called and said c'mon over for s'mores at 7. Meanwhile I took my best buddy to the Home Depot to check out some windows. We get some (not good) pizza. And that's saying a lot for me because I'm usually quite pro-pizza.

Finally I get over to the s'mores location. Except there's no s'mores going on. Not at 7, not at 8:30, and not at 10:30pm. So I headed back home tired and smore-less. At least I got some laundry done. And I got to watch some Deadliest Catch. Now those guys could use a perfect Memorial Day more than I could.

And it's off to folding the laudry and getting some Z's. I'm filling in for someone at work tomorrow and need to be up early.

 

0 comments: